About The Meeting
2013 LWS SDO Science Workshop
Exploring the Network of SDO Science
- There will be a Topical Issue of Solar Physics titled "The Many Scales of Solar Activity in Solar Cycle 24 as seen by SDO." Statements of intent are due by 31 July, 2013. See Topical Issue web page for more information.
- Complete Session schedule. Abstract Book. Poster size: not to exceed 46 inches wide and 48 inches high.
- Note: CME Propagation Mini-Workshop has been rescheduled for Thursday evening, 18:30 - 20:30.
- Banquet tickets will be on sale until Monday, March 4 at noon. Please see the registration desk. The banquet entertainment will include a special SDO puzzle hunt - a return of the 2011 SDO Olympiad (though not as lengthy). You will need a copy of the full program guide, which you will receive at registration, to participate in the puzzle hunt. Here are the puzzles and solutions from 2011.
- Searchable participant and abstract interfaces
- Check out the Early Career Scientists page! A page for information on activities and programs specifically for students and young (<= 5 years since Ph. D.) scientists.
- Download the meeting flyer
- Registration and hotel reservation information are available. The deadline for abstracts and early registration was January 25, 2013, and the housing deadline was February 11, 2013 (although some rooms are still available).
- Visa requests: Attendees who need invitation letters to apply for visas should send in their requests as soon as possible.
- A special topical issue of the journal Solar Physics, featuring results presented at the conference, has been approved. Both contributed and invited authors are welcome.
Living With a Star's Solar Dynamics Observatory invites you to its 2013 Science Workshop to be held March 3-8, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay in Cambridge, MD (http://chesapeakebay.hyatt.com/). The workshop is a follow-on to the "Many Spectra of Solar Activity" workshop held May 1-5, 2011 in Squaw Valley, CA.
Scientific sessions will feature a broad spectrum of science topics fundamental to SDO's science investigations: Atmospheric Imaging Assembly (AIA), EUV Variability Experiment (EVE), and Helioseismic and Magnetic Imager (HMI), as well as the overlap between SDO and other scientific missions and activities.
All members of the science community are welcome and encouraged to attend.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the workshop.
The Scientific Organizing Committee
(Please note: This conference is organized by ADNET Inc., and all meeting costs will be covered by registration fees.)
Last update: August 09, 2021 16:12:53.